"Hello, this is [name is removed because you all think it’s important to protect the oppressor and not the victims of a microaggression] and I am sending this message to girls I think might be interested in this idea and I would also love to hear your opinion on this. so I have this crazy idea…
Cinderella’s slip into alcoholism, Rapunzel’s battle with cancer: A new photo series challenges the fairy-tale ending. (via Happily-Never-Afters: Disney Princesses 20 Years Later)
"Tell Mama" by the Civil Wars
I wasn’t sure if I liked this song at first, but fell in love with it anyway. Any Etta James cover is a friend of mine :)
Dustin Hoffman on how Tootsie was created, from the question “If you were born a woman, how would you be different?” (by afi)
Images from the American Indian College Fund’s “Have You Ever Seen a Real Indian?” print ad campaign (2001-2006).
this is awesome
yess i like how this shows natives as real modern people with all kinds of careers
I’m really loving this!
<3 Verbal jujitsu: turning the microaggression into something empowering :)
This is what a REAL rape prevention campaign looks like
All the awards.
DO ME A HUGE FAVOR AND REBLOG THIS!
This is perfection in a campaign
Reblogging to the main blog because this is absolutely perfect.
We had these around campus my freshman year of college.
- *hears noises at night*: well this is it this is the end for me I had a good life
- *gets shampoo in my eyes*: I guess I'm blind now how am I ever going to see my first born child
- *heart is beating fast*: I think I am having a heart attack is this what cardiac arrest is
- *a cop walks by*: here I go about to get arrested I probably murdered someone
- *taking a test*: don't take your eyes off of this paper you will get caught cheating and get kicked out of school and amount to nothing
- *gets a sunburn*: great now I have skin cancer how will I tell my parents
- *tripping over something*: I guess my leg will have to be amputated why did this happen to me
- *period is late*: shit i'm pregnant i'm the next virgin mary